(OT) Brezeln!

• Too hot here in the morning to go out for a Zweirad-ride X(

So I decided to try to make Brezeln... 8o Never made before, it's a long time I wanted to make but I never found the right moment.

[Blockierte Grafik: http://img212.imageshack.us/img212/576/brezelnlz6.th.jpg]

Here they are (including 2 salt-free for my girlfriend :)). An error I made is that I shaped them too small, so at the end of baking they looked like Krapfen instead of Brezeln ;) , they taste great all the same. Next time I'll shape bigger.

Gruessen :ber:

Simone

• Zitat

Original von Muffler82
    An error I made is that I shaped them too small, so at the end of baking they looked like Krapfen instead of Brezeln ;) , they taste great all the same. Next time I'll shape bigger.

No, thinner.

• Zitat

Original von Muffler82

An error I made is that I shaped them too small, so at the end of baking they looked like Krapfen instead of Brezeln ;) , they taste great all the same. Next time I'll shape bigger.

Hello Simone,
    A genuine Brezel looks in such a way:
    [Blockierte Grafik: http://blog.esska.de/wp-content/uploads/2007/12/brezel.jpg]
    Nevertheless, you have that well made and industriously further-practice!
    Gruß Pit.

• Das sieht wie eine "schwäbische" aus, d.h. mit breitem und damit weichem Stück.
    Die bayrischen Brezeln sind glaub´ auf der langen Seite auch dünn (und evtl. nicht eingeschnitten), sodaß sie dort auch hart sind.

• Zitat

Die bayrischen Brezeln sind glaub´ auf der langen Seite auch dünn

nö! aber sonst ist alles anders hier - schrippen heißen hier semmeln und die Menschen hier reden so, dass ich sie problemlos verstehen kann :tongue:

mfg

da Kine

"Theorie der Gesellschaft. Laufzeit: 30 Jahre. Kosten: keine"

• Zitat

Das sieht wie eine "schwäbische" aus, d.h. mit breitem und damit weichem Stück

oh ihr Banausen :tongue:

so sieht halt eine Brezel aus .............. :O Ihr Nordlichter

diese anderen Teile ganz oben auf dem Bild könnte man evtl. als missglücktes Laugenweckle bezeichnen ........... ;(

Jack :476

Zwei Dinge sind unendlich, das Universum und die menschliche Dummheit, aber bei dem Universum bin ich mir noch nicht ganz sicher.

Albert Einstein.

• Sven is right, the correct spelling in bavaria is "Brezn" or "Breze". But don't worry Muffler, well done, because around my place (northern bavaria) you would name what you've done still a "Brezn" or "Bretzn-Semmel".

Hope it tasted as good as it looks!

• Wow, the Brezeln-affair :D hehehe

Thanks to everybody for replies. @ Hetzer: that's exactly how my Brezn looked like before baking... except for the colour. Oven heat and yeast have inflated them. :)
    Anyway I found them both thinner and thicker: the ones I bought in Südtirol where thinner, harder and about 10 cm in diameter; while the others I ate in last "SeptemberFest" were thicker, softer and about 20-25 cm in diameter. (Both were extraordinary!)

Grüßen :ber:

Simone

• [Blockierte Grafik: http://blog.esska.de/wp-content/uploads/2007/12/brezel.jpg]

As a Swabian this swabian one to me taste best.
    But it´s more difficult to make:
    The ends of the slings must be very, very thin!
    The thick one thicker and slit.

So those very thin slings become very crispy.
    And when it´s ready you can cut the thick one and smear butter in.

• Gaaanz einfach: So lange jemand von Brezel schreibt ist das niemals ein Altbayer (Altbayern = (ungefähr) Oberbayern, Teile von Niederbayern).

Hier im echten Bayern gibts nur Brez'n. Genau "Punkt"!

Tscharlie
    "Münchner von Beruf(ung)"

• @ Muffler 82: My wife is from Munic and she's missing it very much (we life in Zurich). She loves those Brezels: could you post the recipe here? (seriously) -> I will bake them for her then...
    Thanks! (They do look too big, but beside that very nice, respect!) :bus:

• Zitat

Original von Motte
    @ Muffler 82: My wife is from Munic and she's missing it very much (we life in Zurich). She loves those Brezels: could you post the recipe here? (seriously) -> I will bake them for her then...
    Thanks! (They do look too big, but beside that very nice, respect!) :bus:

Ooooops! Sorry for my late answering but I've been far from the Forum during last days! :(
    Here's the recipe I followed:

- 500 g of wheat flour (not particularly fine: here in Italy we refer to it as a 0-type flour);
    - 250 ml of water;
    - 20 ml of oil (I've used maize oil; NOT olive oil because its strong flavour -expecially for the one we have here in Tuscany! :tongue:- could affect the final product's flavour);
    - a teaspoon of sugar;
    - a teaspoon of table (fine) salt;
    - some kitchen salt;
    - 10 g of brewer's yeast.

VORSICHT! I've used a solution of caustic soda to create the Brezn's outer brown crust: somebody uses a solution of sodium bicarbonate, in different proportions, but the effects (colour and flavour) are not the same.
    On the other side, caustic soda is more dangerous to handle (it can cause severe burns!): so, be VERY CAREFUL during its use. (How could you operate the Dekohebel if your fingers are gone? ;))
    A solution of 30 g of caustic soda in 1 liter of cold water is OK to gain the result: put the cold water in a plastic bowl, and add caustic soda LITTLE BY LITTLE. Mix water with a ladle or spoon while adding, and keep on mixing until water is clear and transparent again. Notice that the bowl's temperature is increasing. (It should not reach dangerous temperatures anyway.) Put then the bowl apart until passage #3.

Description:

1) Work half of the flour with 2/3 of the water, the yeast and the sugar. When you'll reach a soft mixture, let it stand for (at least) an hour.

2) Then, work the mixture with the other ingredients, except for the kitchen salt (it will be put on Brezeln before baking). Add the oil as the last one: it's only to make the mixture more elastic. Work it very well, no lumps have to remain there. After, let it stand another time for 15 minutes.

3) Then, form the Brezeln: take a part of the mixture, lengthen it by rolling to reach a cylindrical strip and twist it... as a Brezel :).
    Take then the so formed Brezel and plunge it entirely in the caustic solution (one second is enough!), a ladle could greatly help during this operation. When taking the Brezel out of the solution, be careful to shake it enough to make it loose as more caustic solution as possible.

4) Then, gently put the Brezel on the oven board (now, if you want, you can slit the upper side) and sprinkle with kitchen salt. I put a sheet of "greaseproof paper" (oven paper) on the oven board, to prevent the Brezeln from sticking.
    Repeat passages #3 and #4 for the other Brezeln, then put them in the oven at 200°C for 20 minutes, or until they reach their brown colour.

Let me know how they taste! :)

Grüßen :ber:

Simone

• Eating swabian brezel rulez!!!

Nobby
    (from north germany, but I can eat too ;) )

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Better Motörhead than dead!

Letzte Aktivitäten

• SR400

Hat eine Antwort im Thema K&N Luftfilter Erfahrungen verfasst.
    Beitrag
    Was ist denn mit deinem Schnorchel?

Zu der Kotrollleuchte: Unter normalen Umständen sollte die gelbe "Motorstörungs-Warnleuchte" nach dem Einschalten der Zündung nach einigen Sekunden wieder erlöschen.

Wenn nicht, hat die ECU ein Problem erkannt und teilt…
  • robhopf1

Hat eine Antwort im Thema Motorteile - Kuriositäten verfasst.
    Beitrag
    Simmerring vergessen? Ölkanal in der KW verstopft?
  • oldman

Hat eine Antwort im Thema Motorteile - Kuriositäten verfasst.
    Beitrag
    Weiter in der Kuriositäten Sammlung.

Schaut schon wirklich krass aus ...so ein Schadensbild sieht man auch nicht jeden Tag. Die Teile sollen angeblich vor ca. 4 Tkm erneuert worden sein.

Die obligatorische Schlagprüfung mit dem Handballen auf's kleine…
  • tecuberlin

Hat eine Antwort im Thema ZÜNDUNG EIN Kontrollleuchte verfasst.
    Beitrag
    […]

Und damit wird der Motor nicht im Leerlauf gestartet? :du:

Tante Edit hat gerade gelesen, dass du "Mechatronics Ingenieur" als Beruf angegeben hast, da sollte doch die Installation einer Kontrollleuchte für "ZündungOn" kein Problem darstellen?!
  • oldman

Hat eine Antwort im Thema Eintopftreter zu Besuch im Bergischen verfasst.
    Beitrag
    ...aber Hallo, immer gerne :ber:
  • oldman

Beitrag
    Es gibt auf dem Markt reichlich Universal- oder Zusatz Kontrollleuchten in allen möglichen Ausführungen u. Farben zum Nachrüsten. Ob irgendwo eingebaut oder "nur" an den Lenker geklemmt. Wenn man's gerne haben möchte, wird sich da bestimmt was finden…
  • Tobster

Hat mit Danke auf den Beitrag von Karl im Thema ZÜNDUNG EIN Kontrollleuchte reagiert.
    Reaktion (Beitrag)
    […]

korrekt. der tacho hat original keine anzeigelämpchen und im drehzahlmesser sind neutral, fernlicht und blinker. sonst nix.

edit: mach einfach den leerlauf rein, dann siehst du es. oder hat deine garage so viel gefälle? 8o
  • Hiha

Beitrag
    Die Leerlaufleuchte braucht man ja eigentlich nicht, andere Altmopetten haben erst gar keine. Du könntest sie umfunktionieren...
    Gruß
    Hans
  • Schumi

Beitrag
    Danke Karl
  • Karl

Beitrag
    […]

korrekt. der tacho hat original keine anzeigelämpchen und im drehzahlmesser sind neutral, fernlicht und blinker. sonst nix.

edit: mach einfach den leerlauf rein, dann siehst du es. oder hat deine garage so viel gefälle? 8o

Jetzt mitmachen!

Sie haben noch kein Benutzerkonto auf unserer Seite? Registrieren Sie sich kostenlos und nehmen Sie an unserer Community teil!