Motad silencer pics and impressions

• I was wondering about Motad silencer. Is there anyone among forum mates who have it installed and want to post some pics, and/or write some impressions?

Thanks!

Cheers

Simone (who is still bothering with his Dunstall replica, but is beginning to think about some slip-on road-legal alternatives... )

• Hi there!
    I´ve had this thing on my 2J4 for about eight years (not continuous riding...), and last summer it finally started to give in (got the rattles, broken connecting plate to frame). Impressions:
    Big, and silencing. Cheap, too. And that´s about it.
    Others were bragging about the sound of their bikes, I was bragging about the mating-call for vacuum cleaners. Which my bike was able to perfectly imitate. Performance was pretty good, though not what you would achieve with the original silencer. I now have that SITO thingy, which may or may not be a good idea. Still figuring things out...
    If you want road legal and cheap, get that Motad silencer. If you want your SR to sound like one, get something else. Or take the drill to it :D
    Greetings from Bremen,
    nig

• ciao simone

why do you wanna change the muffler??
    Problems with the mounts? or just to loud for toscana hehe :yl:
    I ll give ya a ring this week, ok?

ciao e saluti da genova

Christian

PS: Sai che c'è il Raduno internazionale XT500 vicino prossimo estate'?

And I believed in Joe when he said we had to fight
    And I believed in Jimmy when he told us to unite

Einmal editiert, zuletzt von Hudriwudri ()

• Thanks a lot for answering!

I've then bought a Motad some day ago, I've already installed. I've had to bother a little with it as it seemed that its mounting holes didn't coincide with those ones on the bike. To make a long story short, I've drilled 2 more holes on the silencer's bracket... Haven't tried yet as Vergaser is still down, I hope I'll do asap.

@ Christian - Ciao Christian! Ho dovuto rinunciare al Dunstall a causa di interferenze con il dado della ruota posteriore, e con il pedale del freno se premuto a fondo. Meglio non rischiare. Queste cose, sommate al fatto che non era omologato, mi hanno fatto desistere dal continuare a perderci tempo.

Ho provato a cercare in rete per il prossimo raduno XT500 ma non ho trovato niente! Dove lo fanno?

Ho ricevuto due chiamate in settimana da un 328-047xxxx che non è nella mia rubrica, eri tu?... Fammi sapere!

Saluti da Vinci! Simone

(ENG - Hello Christian! I've given up with Dunstall because of interferences with rear wheel's nut, and with brake pedal if fully pressed. Better to be on the safe side. These things, added to the fact that it's not road legal, made me deciding to stop loosing time with it.

I've tried to look on the Internet for next XT500 meeting but haven't found nothing! Where will it take place?

I've received two calls during the week from 328-047xxxx which is not in my numbers list, were it you?... Let me know!

Greetings from Vinci! Simone)

Letzte Aktivitäten

Jetzt mitmachen!

Sie haben noch kein Benutzerkonto auf unserer Seite? Registrieren Sie sich kostenlos und nehmen Sie an unserer Community teil!