Stripped thread

• As in title, I've made a mess.
    :402: :402:
    I was refitting the sumpguard before going to supper, just after changing oil&filter, and while tightening the rear bolt (the one under the engine) I've stripped the thread. I think it already was at a good point by itself because I haven't forced it too much. Anyway, I don't know exactly which thread has gone between the one on the bolt and the one on the welded metal tab, but I guess the one on the bolt has because it doesn't want to come out (if the metal tab's thread had been stripped instead, the bolt should come out quite easily, or at least I think so).
    And this is the problem, because if I'll be able to find a way to take that @#* bolt out I could easily re-thread the hole, if damaged, or simply replace the bolt. I've already tried by turning the bolt with a spanner, while pushing it out through the hole in the sumpguard, but nothing has happened.
    The curious thing is that I didn't want to remove the sumpguard either, but I did because a little amount of oil dripped inside it and I wanted to clean :a: ...

Every suggestion is appreciated.

Simone

• Hi Simone,

you have to pull the bolt while you turn it.

Either there is enough room unter the head to put a lever in there (a screwdriver or such), or you put something between mudguard and frame/engine to apply the necessary pressure.

Maybe you can use a vice grip on the head and pull while unbolting?

All the best
    Andy

der liebe gott will nicht, dass aluminium glänzt (kohai) * Bucheli-Projekt, Forums-Einsteigerwissen, Sölkpasstreffen > motorang.com/sr500

Einmal editiert, zuletzt von motorang ()

• Ich verstehe nicht, Chrille! Könnten Sie bitte erklären?

Anyway, I've solved! And I'm very happy about it :D
    I've put some more force in pushing down the bolt while turning it, and it came out.
    Here's a pic of the three bolts:

[Blockierte Grafik: http://img709.imageshack.us/img709/615/75121757.th.jpg]

The one on the right is the one that drove me mad. As you can see, the one in the middle was beginning to get stripped, too. There was only one good out of three - the one on the left.
    As the bolt didn't come out easily, I've re-thread the metal tab with an M6 tap to straight every possible metal burr, and since I was there I've re-threaded the other 2 tabs, too :)
    Then three new bolts and washers, job done. Evvai! :)

Thanks for answering! Cheers!

Simone

• Hi simone

another tip would/could be to use slightly longer bolts (about 5mm's) in order to catch on the further back parts of the threads as the threads are usually cut longer than the bolts.
    That way you catch a double bonus or as we say, "doppelt gemoppelt schadet nix" :]

ciao e tanti saluti

PS: Sorry for the delay....nope dont have facebook, but can be easily catched via pm's or email.

PPS: Just read "sumpguard", i mistook it for the "oilpanscrews", ok, at least nothing vital is endangered.

And I believed in Joe when he said we had to fight
    And I believed in Jimmy when he told us to unite

Einmal editiert, zuletzt von Hudriwudri ()

• Zitat

Original von chrille1
    motorang konntest Du ihm helfen? Oder, was hat er denn ? ?(

Er hat eine Schraube vom Motorschutz überdreht und bekam sie nicht mehr raus um das Gewinde zu reparieren. Ich hab ihm Tipps gegeben zur Schraubenextraktion, er hat die Schraube dann aber doch mit Kraft weiter reindrehen können bis sie wieder im Gewinde gegriffen hat.
    Der Hudriwudri empfiehlt hier längere Schrauben zu nehmen.

Gryße!
    Andreas, der motorang

der liebe gott will nicht, dass aluminium glänzt (kohai) * Bucheli-Projekt, Forums-Einsteigerwissen, Sölkpasstreffen > motorang.com/sr500

• Bei mir hat blöderweise nicht das Schraubengewinde, sondern das der Halterung nachgegeben (ewig). Mit etwas Nachschneiden und viel Schraubensicherung hält die Schraube aber noch (muß ja zum Glück nicht viel halten, da die anderen noch gut sind).

• I forgot: the screws I replaced the old ones with are made of zinc plated steel. Not sure about the material of original ones (does anyone know?) but I preferred to avoid installing stainless steel screws - if something wants to get stripped anyway, I prefer that a screws does, instead of its metal tab's nut ;)

@Christian: figurati per il ritardo, nessun problema :)

Cheers! :ber: to all

Simone

Letzte Aktivitäten

• Karl

Hat eine Antwort im Thema Servus aus der Oberpfalz verfasst.
    Beitrag
    […]

...nur die ami-2j2 hatten meines wissens scheibe, die japan-2j2 nicht.
    und nein, ich hätte die auch nicht gekauft, gute entscheidung bei so viel unwägbarkeiten.
  • MartinB

Beitrag
    Er meinte er hat einen der vorbeikommt, wenn ich sie nicht nehme.
    Denke nicht, dass einer dafür auch nur 800 zahlt.
  • martin58

Beitrag
    Moin,
    mit dem Verkäufer hatte ich vor einigen Wochen telefoniert. Ich hatte ihm gesagt, für den Haufen mit der obskuren EZ würde ich max. 800 Euro hinlegen. Damals hatte er das Konglomerat noch für 1499 inseriert.
    Er nannte irgendeine Untergrenze,…
  • Mambu

Hat eine Antwort im Thema Minton verfasst.
    Beitrag
    :ber: ...
    ...und das nicht vergessen:

..."Minton: In addition to the slide modification and the larger main jet, you need to raise the needle 1mm and maybe go down a needle jet or two. If you have an early SR, you can simply move the needle clip down one
  • Paddler

Hat das Thema Motorradtransport mit Spedition? gestartet.
    Thema
    Moin.

Ich müsste ein kleines Motorrad aus dem Schwarzwald nach Norddeutschland transportieren (lassen), und würde das gerne mit einer Motorradspedition machen. Hat jemand einen Tip bzw. Erfahrungen, welcher Transporteur empfehlenswert ist?

Vielen Dank.

• Martin M

Beitrag
    Viel Spaß damit!
  • MartinB

Beitrag
    […]

War wirklich so. Wäre mir dann zu riskant für den Preis gewesen.

Deshalb wird es die aus dem Forum :)
  • Logu69

Hat eine Antwort im Thema Minton verfasst.
    Beitrag

Asche auf mein Haupt Mambu Asche auf mein Haupt.

Ich war da vorhin ziemlich falsch. Als Cutaway bezeichnen man den Konischen Teil auf der Luftfilterseite ( wie die Kerbe die man
    bei Bäume fällen raus schneidet )
    Es gibt sogar ( für andere Vergaser )…
  • Hiha

Beitrag
    Es muss halt sinnvollerweise eine Enumakette dazu gekauft werden.
    Gruß
    Hans
  • guzzimatz

Beitrag
    Das Schraubschloss ist ja im Prinzip ähnlich wie vernietet. ich würde so ein Teil bedenkenlos einsetzen.

Jetzt mitmachen!

Sie haben noch kein Benutzerkonto auf unserer Seite? Registrieren Sie sich kostenlos und nehmen Sie an unserer Community teil!