Beiträge von Muffler82

Here I am,
    I tried with nail and hammer trick and fuel float pivot has finally come off! :) I've just put some sprays of WD40 to help it working, no heating was necessary.

Now I'm bothering with the float valve seat pulling out: I've tried with pliers again, but nothing has happen; then with a screw driven in the seat, and after half an hour of pulling I've noticed that it came off only for a pair of millimeters X( ... I'll keep on with that method.

Thanks again for suggestions. Greetings! :ber:

Simone

Hello!
    I tried to extract the axle by grabbing it with a pair of pliers (from right side), but nothing happened. I'll try by gently hitting it with nail and hammer, as you said.
    Maybe a good soaking in penetrating oil could help too, as a little warm up of the part (Aluminium's dilatation coefficient is higher than Steel's one).

I'll let you know. Thanks!

Greetings :ber:

Simone

Hello,
    As I wrote in the other thread, I took off the rubber Ansaugstutzen from my 1981 SR. Since that, I decided to take off the carburettor too, to see if everything was fine.
    I then tried to dismantle the fuel float, but its pivot is stuck in its place! :( How can I take this little axle off?
    Here you have a pair of pics: carburettor is standard Mikuni VM34SS fitted in Yamaha.

[Blockierte Grafik: http://img291.imageshack.us/img291/5143/vergaser01ow0.th.jpg]

[Blockierte Grafik: http://img238.imageshack.us/img238/3649/vergaser02vf3.th.jpg]

Can anybody help me?

Greetings! :ber:

News :)
    I've tried the "spray-on-Ansaugstutzen" trick in the afternoon: speed didn't increase very much, but the engine began staying on at idle without any problem.

Anyway, it keeps on misfiring when I turn the grip X(

I've then dismantled the Ansaugstutzen to check its effective conditions: it's really bad... I've already ordered a new one, obviously with new gasket. I've also took off the carb to check if it's allright inside.

I'll keep you updated.

Muffler

(P.S. Since I like to torment my brain, I'm preparing a self-made circuit to install an alternator warning light on my SR. I'll let you know about this trifle, too...)

Hallo Christian!

Alles gut, danke. What about you?

Yes, the intake rubber manifold is very old. I fear it's the same they installed in Yamaha in 1981 8o ...

Kustomweekend! :) I'll try to get there, but I'm not promising anything: my girlfriend and her family are moving to a new house, so it's very likely I'll have to stay and help them.

Simone

Hmm. I don't think it's something related to low idle speed: it's true that if I twist the grip a little (= set the idle speed a bit higher) the engine doesn't stop, but it it starts backfiring.

Greetings

Simone

Zitat

Original von sven

Nice! (you know you can buy these hoses with colored (or black or translucide) coatings?).
    Now paint the wheels completely black to give the bike an even better (cooler) look!

Regards
    Sven

Thanks! Yes, I knew, but my spare parts dealer only had the kind covered with transparent coating :( . So I had to solve... "coating the coating" :) ...

Hello,
    Thanks for the answer. I've checked the rubber joints: while the one between air filter and carb looks OK, the Ansaugstutzen between carb and engine head is full of little cracks. I don't know if they reach the inner side of the rubber... Also noticed that, although the circular metal retainer around the Ansaugstutzen is very tight, the carb moves slightly if twisted a little bit.

I'll try the spray-test and the high voltage check. I'll let you know ASAP.

Thanks! :ber:

Done! ;)
    The brake hose you see is made of braided steel: I then covered it with a black heatshrink sleeve to mask the steel's bright finish and to preserve the bike's "retro" look.

Hello,
    After six months of sleep my SR has starting to roar again on this morning :) ...
    ... but... something doesn't seem OK. ?(
    Here's the problem: although the engine is hot, is runs only with choke middle opened. If I release the choke, it slows down and then stops.

I've tried to check with Colortune, here's what it says:
    - choke on, flame is orange-ish (obviously, rich mixture);
    - choke off, flame is blue-ish. It should indicate right mixture, but as I wrote before the engine slows down and after a little it stops. It keeps on running only if I twist the grip a little bit but, doing that, the engine backfires.

(Engine is as factory fitted, standard air filter and muffler.)

Could it be something connect to lean carburation? I remember that something like this happened also during last times I started the bike, but in a very minor way.

Can anybody help me?

Perfect!
    Thanks to all for answers!

PS for Christian: very good for the stickers' thing! I'm happy for you! :ber:
    I've already bought the allthreads on eBay, I'm waiting for them to arrive. Thanks anyway for ARP-Bolts link!

Greetings

Simone

Hello Christian! How are you?

Couldn't it be dangerous to grease those threads (i.e. for studs self-loosening)?

Another curiosity:
    Could the use of stainless steel stud-bolts cause corrosion troubles in the threaded contact area between them and the Alu fork tubes? I've read something about that in the Bucheli Projekt that makes me doubtful...

Letzte Aktivitäten

• SR400

Reaktion (Beitrag)
    Für die, die nicht dabei sein konnten.
  • SR400

Reaktion (Beitrag)
    Yes, war ein wunderschöner Tag...

nur strahlende

und jubelnde Gesichter

bestimmt so um die 50 an der Zahl, besser geht es nicht :thumbup: :thumbup: :thumbup:
  • SCBuddy

Hat eine Antwort im Thema "Der Berg ruft" auch dieses Jahr zur Sternfahrt verfasst.
    Beitrag
    Für die, die nicht dabei sein konnten.
  • SCBuddy

Reaktion (Beitrag)

nur strahlende

und jubelnde Gesichter

bestimmt so um die 50 an der Zahl, besser geht es nicht :thumbup: :thumbup: :thumbup:
  • ralfi

Reaktion (Beitrag)

nur strahlende

und jubelnde Gesichter

• Hesi

Hat eine Antwort im Thema Minton verfasst.
    Beitrag
    […]

Dreh mal die Gemischschraube einen Tick nach fett - 1/8 - 1/4 raus

Bei 60-70 km/h im 5 Gang? Da hast du doch den Schieber grad erst leicht angehoben
  • Martin M

Beitrag
    Gunner, hast du mal versucht das Aircut Ventil wieder zu aktivieren, also die Abdichtung raus und die Membran wieder einzusetzen?
    Ich meine mich zu erinnern, dass es mit aktivem Aircut gut lief, mit deaktiviertem Aircut nicht so gut.
  • Logu69

Beitrag
    Ich habe schon einmal gefragt, gibt es im Raum Bodensee im ca. 150 km Radius einen versierten SR XT Schrauber, der sich meiner SR mal annehmen würde ?
    Ein paar mal im Jahr bin im Raum Stuttgart oder auch München, das würde natürlich auch gehen.

Schwarzwald…
  • Logu69

Beitrag
    Gestern habe ich eine 200 Km Runde gedreht.
    Dabei ist mir aufgefallen, wenn ich auf einer Geraden mit ca. 60 - 70 Km/h fahre und den Gasgriff in der gleichen Stellung
    halte ( so ca 1/4 - 1/2 Gas ) sie hin und her ruckelt. So wie Gas, Gas weg, Gas, Gas weg…
  • Steely Dan

Hat mit Gefällt mir auf den Beitrag von fatagaga im Thema Totpunkt reagiert.
    Reaktion (Beitrag)
    […]

Hallo Fahrendumusst,

sie springt ja schon an ... nur ist das Antreten gegen früher mittlerweile euphemistisch ausgedrückt nicht mehr so präzise ... und es ist halt immer so, dass sie gerade dann, wenn ein ganzes Eiscafé mit Aussentischen zuschaut,…