Beiträge von stevec5000

I rode the SR500 a lot in the '90's, drive it to work 50 miles each way for a year and it was always hard to start, usually taking a dozen kicks or more and I often had to clean the plug to get it going. It always ran good once I got it going but was usually a bear to start.
    I never did find out why it was so hard but when I resurrected it recently I did a lot of work on it to try and make it start easier. I replaced the weak original coil, changed the carb for a better one and fixed a lot of the wiring that had corroded connector pins and it keeps getting easier to start. Sometimes I can start it wearing sandals, something I never would have thought possible in the '90's.
    I did a lot of running around today and stopped and started a lot and the SR started on the first kick 5 times! A few times it started on the 2nd kick and the other times it took 3 or more but the 5 one kick starts are amazing!
    That's never happened before! It even started on the first kick the first thing in the morning and I wasn't even kicking hard, just getting it to turn over ready to start at TDC but it fired so I gave it some gas and it took off running! I was wondering what else you guys have found that makes starting easier (or harder) that I haven't tried yet?

Has anyone tried the "TORK" HEAD-PIPE INSERT from Thumperstuff that's supposed to add 2%-4% power? I got one and put it in but I don't know if it works since I have nothing to compare it to.

I went to visit a company that makes bushings in Phoenix and they told me they could either find them for me or make them in house if they aren't already available, I just need to give them the finished dimensions. Now all I need to do is take out the old bearings and measure them to find out what size bushings I need.

Letzte Aktivitäten

• Karl

Reaktion (Beitrag)
    Hallo Leute,

weil es immer mal wieder Nachfragen zu dem Thema gibt...

Für eine Reparatur hat sich nachfolgende Vorgehensweise seit vielen Jahren dauerhaft bewährt. Diese lässt sich auf der Werkbank aber auch ohne Ausbau des Motors vornehmen.

Zuerst einmal…
  • tecuberlin

Reaktion (Beitrag)
    Hallo Leute,

Für eine Reparatur hat sich nachfolgende Vorgehensweise seit vielen Jahren dauerhaft bewährt. Diese lässt sich auf der Werkbank aber auch ohne Ausbau des Motors vornehmen.

Zuerst einmal…
  • oldman

Hat eine Antwort im Thema Polradabzieher handling, einschraubtiefe verfasst.
    Beitrag
    […]

:666: Hier mal noch eine kleine Anleitung...

RE: Lima Gehäusehäfte undicht
  • oldman

Hat eine Antwort im Thema Lima Gehäusehäfte undicht verfasst.
    Beitrag
    Hallo Leute,

Zuerst einmal…
  • guzzimatz

Reaktion (Beitrag)
    Hi Leute... so allmählich driften die Beiträge in die Quasselecke ab.
  • Karl

Hat eine Antwort im Thema ZÜNDUNG EIN Kontrollleuchte verfasst.
    Beitrag
    […]

nochmal: ich habe nicht nach einer leuchte gefragt!
    der thread ist nicht von mir...
  • SR500ThB

Reaktion (Beitrag)
  • oldman

Beitrag
  • oldman

Hat eine Antwort im Thema Motorteile - Kuriositäten verfasst.
    Beitrag
    Fahrendumusst ...den Hersteller zuzuordnen ist nicht immer einfach. Die Pleuelsätze vom Sponsor, egal ob die alte oder die neue Ausführung (mit Buchse), dürften über die Jahre in ausreichender Anzahl verbaut worden sein. Hier ist mir bisher…
  • Tscharlie

Beitrag
    Ist doch nur ein erster Schritt zum autonomen SR 500 fahren.

*duck und wech*