Beiträge von bobek

Hello,

Pls can you tell me on which place are originally installed the turn lights and what is a shape of a back light.
    I have sr 500,made 1979.
    The back light is a circular shape and turn lights are on the ends of handlebar.
    I think this is not correct.
    I bought SR 500 two days ago so i just want to put it in to the original condition.
    I have checked the gallery also but a lot of differences.
    Thank you.

Yes that is what i will do . I will buy a other one for a low price.
    You know summertime is coming so i would rather ride a bike than start a overhaul.
    If it will be somehow usable i will plan a repair for winter.
    Any way i am still not alloved to ride a motocycle as doctor said so we will see.
    Last year i got a accident on MX motocycle after a been 5 months at home. This is my third working month after last summer and i still have a metal in arm.Ok, back to SR.
    I will let you know how is the motocycle when i will see it.
    A one cylinder, 500 cc, can not be bad. After season i will remove the engine,overhaul crankshaft, change all bearings, valves... That is what i like.

Thnks for link.

Yes,it is complicated. Regarding an oldtimer registration it is easer. Has to be older 25 years and i need all papers from a moto. and contract of sale. That is all. Than we can use it like motobike with normal registration and even we pay cheaper insurance. I would like to get a normal reg. number
    but this is also way. By chance i found today a SR 500 with Czech registration!! I will try to attach a picture if is possible.I can not read a text in German language so if picture will not be attached,than sorry.It is made 1979, 62000 Km, 1200 Eur,RH mirror is missing, front and back turn lights also ( there are installed turn lights just on the ends of handle- bar and has alu rims which i would like to change for classic rims.I have a meeting with owner on Saturday because i am in Leipzig till Friday.
    So again couple of sleepless nights.:] Is there something special to check on motorbike? I mean a weak parts.
    What about the spare parts? Are they still reachable?
    Thnks for a forum link.

Yes, i have meant SR 500, sorry for a inexcusable mistake on your forum=) .
    Thanks for info. I am gonna to check what is a situation in my country.
    What i heard, i can bring a motorcycle from EU max 8 years old or older
    but with EU global homologation it means there should be a letter E plus two
    numbers in front of VIN. If not there is also some a special procedure but a motorcycle has to
    originate from Yamaha dealer in Germany. It means that a concrete Yamaha SR was officially
    imported to Germany by a local Yamaha dealer, not personally from other country by a person.
    I hope SR 500 was officially inported to Germany.
    You see, it is not easy even within EU but may be just in my country X(
    I guess we have may 10 Yamaha SR 500 which are registred in Czech rep. but nobody
    wants to sell them. I uderstand why.After i become a SR owneri will establisch a Czech SR forum.
    Cross fingers!!

Hello pls let me know if some of the latest model of xs 500 are matching EU homologation?
    I would like to buy it in Germany because in Czech republic is very difficult to find some but EU homologation is needed to get Czech registration number. I am talking about a motocycle made from 1990-199....
    I would very appreciate a help.
    :314:

Letzte Aktivitäten