What is this?

• Hello!
    I've bought (from Kedo) two "overhauling kits", one for brake's master cylinder and the other for caliper's piston. In both kits, in addition to spares, I've found also a small round box containing a pink stuff: here's a photo.

[Blockierte Grafik: http://img120.imageshack.us/img120/1452/scatolinaxv4.th.jpg]

I think that the pink matter is a kind of lubricant to be used when assembling parts: am I wrong?
    Otherwise: what is it?

• Hello Muffler82,

you are right, it's a special acidfree grease for assembling technical parts of steel and rubber. You can use it for other things too, for example per inculare 8) .

Ein Leben ohne Motorrad ist möglich, aber sinnlos. (frei nach Loriot)

• Allora parli italiano! (So you speak Italian!) :D
    Joking aside: after assembling, could grease mix with brake fluid and cause problems?

• ... so, what do I have to do to do it well? (Apart of putting one ton of grease, of course!)
    :ber:

• Hello Muffler,
    use this acid-free grease to just cover the gum-parts in a really thin way. You don't need more for best results.
    The effect is protecting the gums against fuel/breakoil influence. It keeps the gum smooth, so it can't dry out or perforate.
    Cause it's specification the grease is Fuelresisting, so you can't get into trouble while using.

Okay?

• Perfect! It can't be explained in a better way. ;)

Thank you very much! :314:

• Hey, das Zeug will ich auch haben!!!
    I also want to have this grease!!!
    Anche Io vorrei avere questo grasso!

Where do I get this acidfree grease, except at KEDO's?
    Last year an Italian restaurator fixed my wife's Estrella
    by putting a tiny bit of grease on the carburetor's membrane.
    That's what You call Know-How ...
    :r:
    Cheers
    Ciao!
    Gruß
    Soulie

• :)
    Take a look here: http://www.aa1car.com/library/2005/ic80560.htm
    Here you can find a list of brake lubricants with features of each one, and reasons why using normal purpose grease on brake circuit is highly unsuitable.
    Greetings! :ber:
    (Just a curiosity: what's the name of the restaurator?)

Letzte Aktivitäten

Jetzt mitmachen!

Sie haben noch kein Benutzerkonto auf unserer Seite? Registrieren Sie sich kostenlos und nehmen Sie an unserer Community teil!